Welcome to the Punpedia entry on watermelon puns! 🍉 This is a relatively small entry because it’s such a specific topic. Quite a few of these puns are based around the word “melon”, so they’re applicable to other types of melon too (cantaloupe, honeydew melons, etc.), but there are a some puns here that are specific to watermelons. Hope you find this useful! 🙂
You might also like to visit the Punpedia entries on fruit puns, banana puns and apple puns.
Watermelon Puns List
Each item in this list describes a pun, or a set of puns which can be made by applying a rule. If you know of any puns about watermelons that we’re missing, please let us know in the comments at the end of this page!
- Water my lawn → Watermelon: As in “In summer I schedule my sprinklers to watermelon more often or else it dies.”
- Million → Melon: As in “You are one in a melon.” and “Thanks a melon!” and “Not in a melon years!” and “A cool melon” and “I feel like a melon bucks.” and “You look like a melon bucks!” and “A melon miles away.”
- Melancholy → Meloncholy: As in “An air of meloncholy surrounded him.”
- Mullin’ (Mulling) → Melon: As in “I’ve been melon over the possibilities for some time now.”
- Malign → Melon: As in “He was harshly meloned in the local newspapers.”
- Melanie → Melony: As in “Melony Griffith’s acting was brilliant in that film.”
- Male on → Melon: As in “We have footage of a Caucasian melon the roof of the complex.”
- Mail on → Melon: As in “I tend to receive more melon mondays.”
- Mile on → Melon: As in “It’ll travel at least a melon one charge of the battery.”
- Smellin’ (Smelling) → Smelon: As in “This house is smelon nice thanks to those incense.”
- Smell on → Smelon: As in “You’ve got a strange smelon you today.”
- Animal on → Ani-melon: As in “There’s always a cute ani-melon the front page of Reddit.”
- Abnormal on → Abnor-melon: As in “She acts abnor-melon purpose so people don’t disturb her.”
- Abysmal on → Abys-melon: As in “The proposal sounded abys-melon paper, but after the presentation, I’m really liking the idea.”
- Camel on → Ca-melon: As in “I think it was a bad idea to take a ca-melon this trip.”
- Decimal on → Decimelon: As in “The deci-melon the top of the fraction can be cancelled.”
- Female on → Femelon: As in “There’s also a fe-melon duty that you can talk to if you’d feel more comfortable?”
- Normal on → Nor-melon: As in “He seemed nor-melon our first date, but turned out to be a bit of a creep.”
- Optimal on → Opti-melon: As in “I seem to feel opti-melon about 8 hours of sleep.”
- Smile on → Smelon: As in “She have a big happy smelon her face.”
- Small on → Smelon: As in “It looked smelon initial inspection, but it turned out to be quite big.”
- Treadmill on → Treadmelon: As in “You’ll need to turn the treadmelon at the powerpoint before you can run on it.”
- Windmill on → Windmelon: As in “There was a windmelon the property that provided the old farmstead with water.”
- Felon → Melon: As in “He was charged with high treason, but later the conviction was changed to a melony.”
- What are → Water: As in “Water you doing out so late tonight?” and “Water you doing tomorrow?” and “Water you going to do about it?”
- What are we → Watery: As in “Watery going to do?” and “Watery doing today, friends?”
- What about → Water ’bout: As in “Water ’bout we have tofu curry for dinner tonight?” and “Water ’bout Ching? Does she want to come to the beach too?”
- What do → Water: As in “Water you think about this?”
- What her → Water: As in “I know water problem is.” and “Do you know water mother thinks about this?”.
- What the → Water: As in “Water hell is going on here?”
- Whatever → Waterever: As in “Waterever, I don’t care.” and “Do waterever you want”.
- Around (’round) → Rind: As in “Be there in 5. I’m just rind the corner.” and “We worked rind the clock to finish the project.” and “Let’s no beat rind the bush.” and “Stop messing rind.”
- Rained → Rind: As in “It hasn’t rind in weeks – not even a cloud in the sky.”
- Grind: As in “Relief from the daily grind.”
- Red: Sometimes the simple use of the word “red” may constitute a watermelon pun. This heavily depends on your specific context and the desired quality/terribleness of your puns. Examples: “Caught red-handed” and “Roll out the red carpet” and “Ignore it – it’s a red herring”
Did this Punpedia entry help you?
Did you find the watermelon-related pun that you were looking for? If so, great! Otherwise, please let us know what you were looking for in the comments, below! Are you looking for puns for text messages, facebook, twitter, or some other social media platform? Would you like to see more funny watermelon pun images? Or perhaps you just want more watermelon puns for your photo captions? Whatever the case, please let us know, and help us improve this Punpedia entry. If you’re got any watermelon puns (image or text) that aren’t included in this article, please submit them in the comments and one of our curators will add it as soon as possible. Thanks for visiting Punpedia 🙂
User-Submitted Watermelon Puns:
Let’s build a windmelon the grass near the farm.
I won’t ask water mother’s name is.