Welcome to the Punpedia entry on bunny rabbits! 🐰🐇👯 This entry is a work-in-progress, so please share rabbit puns that we don’t have in the comments at the end of the page. Thanks! 🙂
Bunny Puns List
- Rabbit: There are a few phrases/idioms that involve the word “rabbit” and that could therefore be used as rabbit puns in the right context: “(To) go down the rabbit hole” and “At it like rabbits” and “Breed like rabbits” and “Rabbit food (referring to vegetables)” and “Pull the rabbit out of the hat” and “The rabbit died (referring to someone being pregnant)”
- Hop: There are a few phrases/idioms than involve the word “hop” and thus might be used as bunny puns: “A hop, skip and a jump” and “Hopping mad” and “Full of hops” and “Hop to it!”
- *op* → *-hop-*: If a word contains the “op” sound, we can make a silly rabbit pun by turning it into “hop”, for example: co-hop-eration (cooperation), ad-hop-tion (adoption), p-hop-ulation (population), helic-hop-ters (helicopters), dr-hop-lets (droplets), eavesdr-hopping, impr-hop-erly (improperly), hoperational (operational), hoperator (operator), hoppertunistic (oppertunistic), monhopoly, lollip-hop, photoc-hop-ier (photocopier), p-hop-ularity, hoptimism, hoptimal, hoptimistic, hopulence (opulence), hoptional (optional), p-hopcorn (popcorn), prhopaganda, prhoposition, unp-hop-ular.
- Rub it → Rabbit: As in “Okay, I lost. No need to rabbit in!”
- Bunny rabbit → Punny rabbit: This is a sort of “meta pun” or “pun about rabbit puns”.
- Borrow → Burrow: As in “Living on burrowed time” and “Beg, burrow, or steal” and “Can I burrow some money?”
- Brow → Burrow: As in “High-burrow comedy” and “Bushy eye-burrows” and “By the sweat of one’s burrow“
- Brew → Burrow: As in “A storm is burrowing” and “Home-burrowed beer”
- Warring → Warren: As in “The three warren tribes”
- Bony → Bunny
- Ebony → A bunny: As in “A bunny and ivory, living together in harmony”
- Bunny hop: This can refer to a bike trick and more generally to a small “hop” up into the air.
- Breed: “Hatred breeds hatred” and “A dying breed” and “A rare breed” and “Familiarity breeds contempt” and “Breed like rabbits“
- For → Fur: “Fur the love of god!” and “Fur real?” and “A fur effort” and “Good-fur-nothing” and “A penny fur your thoughts” and “Bat fur the other side” and “Our fur the count” and “Spoiled fur choice” and “Worse fur wear” and “Can’t see the forest fur the trees” and “Cause fur alarm” and “Different strokes fur different folks” and “Dollar fur dollar” and “Fur what it’s worth” and “Fur instance, …” and “Fur the time being” and “Asking fur trouble” and “Taken fur granted” and “Too close fur comfort” and “Fish fur a compliment” and “Fur better or for worse” and “Fur crying out loud!” and “Fur good measure” and “Fur one thing, …” and “Fur the fun of it” and “Fur your information” and “A sight fur sore eyes”
- *pet*: If a word contains the “pet” sound, it may work as a silly pet pun: competitive, competitor, petri dish, parapet, petrochemical, petrol, petticoat, pipet (pipette), repetitive.
- Free → Furry: Some cute furry puns can be made from this swap: “Buy one, get one furry.” and “Break furry” and “Furry falling” and “Get out of jail furry card” and “There’s no such thing as a furry lunch” and “The best things in life are furry” and “Furry enterprise” and “As furry as a bird” and “A furry-for-all’ and “A furry spirit” and “Got away scot-furry“
- Hunch → Hutch: As in “I’ve got a hutch that he’s lying.” and “She was hutched over and walking awkwardly.” and “The Hutch-Back of Notre Dam”
- Angry → Angora: As in “I’m so angora at you!”
- Lop-sided: There are a few well known “lop” rabbit breeds (breeds with floppy ears), and so the use of the word “lop-sided” (meaning “uneven”/”off-centre”) might constitute a subtle bunny pun.
- East or → Easter: As in “North, south, easter west.”
- Her before → Herbivore: As in “I’ve never met herbivore.”
- Dust bunny: This term is used to refer to clumps of dust, as in: “She swept the dust bunnies out from under her bed.”
Here’s a list of rabbit-related concepts to help you come up with your own rabbit puns. If you come up with any new ones, please share them in the comments! 🙂
rabbit, bunnies, hop, furry, fur, ears, hare, cottontail, bunny rabbit, burrow, angora, warren, bugs bunny, easter bunny, easter, burrowing, jackrabbit, hutch, coney, lop-eared, domesticated, mammal, lionhead, grass, breed, pet, whiskers, herbivore, rabbit hole
Did this Punpedia entry help you?
Did you find the bunny-related pun that you were looking for? If so, great! Otherwise, please let us know what you were looking for in the comments, below! Are you looking for word play for text messages, facebook, twitter, or some other social media platform? Would you like to see some funny bunny pun images? Or perhaps you just want more bunny puns for your photo captions? Whatever the case, please let us know, and help us improve this Punpedia entry. If you’re got any bunny puns (image or text) that aren’t included in this article, please submit them in the comments and one of our curators will add it as soon as possible. Thanks for visiting Punpedia 🙂