Welcome to the Punpeda entry on goat puns! 🐐 The list starts with a few goat-related sayings, and then lots of puns based around “got”, “get”, “go”, etc. and then a bunch based on goat-related words like “hoof” and “ruminant”. Whether you need a silly caption for your photo, some puns for your goat-themed party, or whatever else, I hope this list is useful to you! 🙂
Goat Puns List
Each item in this list describes a pun, or a set of puns which can be made by applying a rule. If you know of any puns about goats that we’re missing, please let us know in the comments at the end of this page! Without further ado, here’s the list of goat puns:
- Goat: There are a couple of phrases and idioms related to goats which can be used as goat puns: “Sorry, I didn’t mean to get your goat (annoy you)” and “Separate the sheep from the goats” and “Play the goat (act silly)” and “Act the giddy goat” and “Old goat” and “Goatie“
- Scapegoat: This term refers to someone who is unfairly blamed for the mistakes and wrongdoings of others.
- Got → Goat: As in “You have goat to be kidding me” and “I haven’t goat all day” and “Cat goat your tongue?” and “Goat it in one!” and “Goat me stumped” and “Goat to get moving” and “Goat to run” and “(Someone) has goat game” and “Something’s goat to give” and “The one that goat away” and “You goat it!” and “You’ve goat me there” and “You’ve goat another thing coming” and “You’ve goat me there” and “You’ve goat to do what you’ve goat to do.”
- Get → Goat: As in “Couldn’t goat a word in edgewise” and “Better goat moving” and “You’d better goat used to it” and “I can’t goat enough” and “Come and goat it!” and “Just trying to goat by” and “Don’t goat me wrong” and “Don’t goat me started” and “From the goat-go (get-go)” and “Goating mixed signals” and “Goat my foot in the door” and “Goat your knickers in a twist” and “Goat your sh*t together” and “I goat a buzz out of it” and “Goat a fix” and “Goat a hurry on” and “Goat a leg up” and “Goat a life!” and “Goat a load of that!” and “Goat a toehold” and “Goat your act together” and “Goat your arse in gear” and “Goat away with murder” and “Goat down to work” and “Goat from A to B” and “Goat into an argument” and “Goat it together” and “Goat off my back/tail!” and “Goat off scot-free” and “Goat on like a house on fire”
- Gait / Gate → Goat
- Egotistical → Egoatistical
- *goat*: If a word contains the sound “got”, “get”, “gat” or anything vagely close to “goat”, we can make a terrible goat pun out of it: alligoator (alligator), derogoatory (derogatory), congregoat (congregate), forgoatten (forgotten), goatway (gateway), goatkeeper (gatekeeper), Bill Goats (Bill Gates), delegoated (delegated), forgoatful (forgetful), goatarist (guitarist), goat-together (get-together), interrogoat (interrogate), instigoat (instigate), investigoative (investigative), investigoator (investigator), mitigoat (mitigate), navigoat (navigate), prerogoative (prerogative), obligoatory (obligatory), negoative (negative), propagoat (propagate), surrogoat (surrogate), unforgoatable (unforgettaable), watergoat (watergate), segregoated (segregated).
- *go* → *goat*: Some very silly goat puns can be made by replacing the “go” sound with “goat”: archipelagoat (archipelago), egoatcentric (egocentric), negoatiate (negotiate), flamingoat (flamingo), embargoat (embargo), goatsts (ghosts), Galapagoats (Galapagos), undergoats (undergoes), goatness (goodness).
- Butt: This can refer to “butting heads” (like horned goats do) or to the bottom/bum, so there’s the potential for a silly pun here.
- Utter → Udder: As in “Udderly ridiculous!”
- Heard → Herd: As in “I overherd them speaking about …” and “The last I herd, …” and “Your herd it here first.” and “You could have herd a pin drop.” and “Stop me if you’ve herd this one”
- Field: “I’m an expert in my field.”
- Hey → Hay: As in “Hay, what’s up?” and “Hay there, friend.”
- Who f* → Hoof*: As in “Hoofeels hungry right now?” and “Hoofinished the last bit of coconut icecream?”
- Who’ve → Hoof: As in “Hoof you spoken to so far?”
- Half → Hoof: As in “Is the glass hoof full or hoof empty?” and “My other/better hoof“
- Her before → Herbivore: As in “I’ve never met herbivore.”
- Passed/Past your → Pasture: As in “It’s just pasture house on the left.” and “I pasture stall at the fair today but you weren’t there.” and “It’s pasture bedtime.”
- Could → Cud: As in “Cud you stop it please?” and “As fast as her legs cud carry her” and “I cud do it in my sleep.”
- Man you’re → Manure: As in “Manure making some awful puns today.”
- Remnent → Ruminant: As in “I haven’t a ruminant of pride left after making all these terrible goat puns.” (A “ruminant” is a family of hooved mammals comprising goats, sheep, cows, deer, giraffe and their relatives)
- Prominent → Pruminant: As in “She’s a pruminant member of our group.”
- Permanent → Pruminant: As in “I’ve accidentally used pruminant marker on the whiteboard.”
- Walk → Hoof it: As in “We missed the bus and had to hoof it home.”
- Go to sleep → Hit the hay: As in “It’s late. I better hit the hay.”
Here’s a list of goat-related concepts to help you come up with your own goat puns:
hoof, beard, ruminant, udder, butt, herd, horns, domesticated, bleat, capricorn, kid, billy goat, angora, nanny goat, cashmere, hircine, caprine, doe, buck, mountain goat, faun, goral, scapegoat, satyr, goatee, markhor, cloven hooves, serow, graze, grazing, pasture, field, herbivore, hay
Did this Punpedia entry help you?
Did you find the goat-related pun that you were looking for? If so, great! Otherwise, please let us know what you were looking for in the comments, below! Are you looking for word play for text messages, facebook, twitter, or some other social media platform? Would you like to see some funny goat pun images? Or perhaps you just want more goat puns for your photo captions? Whatever the case, please let us know, and help us improve this Punpedia entry. If you’re got any goat puns (image or text) that aren’t included in this article, please submit them in the comments and one of our curators will add it as soon as possible. Thanks for visiting Punpedia 🙂