Welcome to the Punpedia entry on banana puns! 🍌 This is a relatively small entry by our standards because it’s such a specific topic, but please post in the comments if you’ve got a banana pun that we don’t.
The most common and popular banana puns are plays on “peel”, but there are a couple more based on the names of different banana varieties and banana-related concepts.
Banana Puns List
Each item in this list describes a pun, or a set of puns which can be made by applying a rule. If you know of any puns about bananas that we’re missing, please let us know in the comments at the end of this page!
- Feel → Peel: As in “You can peel it in your bones.” and “I like the look and peel of the product.” and “I’m trying to get the peel for it.” and “These banana puns are making me peel unwell.” and “I peel a bit put out.” and “I’m peeling my age.” and “Peel the burn”
- Peel: This word is sometimes used in ways which don’t refer to removing an outer covering: “The aeroplane peeled off from the rest of the formation and did a trick.” In general “peel off/out” means to move away quickly (especially with screeching tires, if it refers to a car).
- Appeal → Appeel / A peel: “He’s so appeeling!” and “The court allowed one final a peel.” and “You need to a peel to their sense of honour.” and “I’m trying to appeel to your better judgement” and “They have 48 hours to appeel the decision.”
- Banana: As in “I am bananas for you.” and “He’s going bananas!” and “Banana republic” and “She’s the top banana around here.” and “No worries, that’s a one-banana problem.”
- Bunch: As in “Thanks a bunch.” and “Pick of the bunch.” and “A bunch of fools.”
- Bar nana → Banana: As in “Everyone is coming banana – she’s got an appointment.” (“Nana” is a term for “Grand mother” is some places)
- Yell over → Yellowver: As in “We had to yellowver the blaring speakers in order to communicate.”
- Ripe: As in “Ripe old age” and “When the time is ripe” and “Ripe for the picking”
- Right → Ripe: As in “A step in the ripe direction” and “I’ll be ripe with you” and “Damn ripe.” and “Be ripe back.” and “Inalienable human ripe.” and “Her heart is in the ripe place.” and “If you play your cards ripe.” and “Your have the ripe to remain silent.” and “Ripe down your alley.” and “Step ripe up!”
- Freckles: Bananas that are at a later stage of ripeness develop black spots which are sometimes called “freckles”. If you can manage to use this word in your specific context, then it may constitute a subtle banana pun.
- Spotty: As in “Reception is a bit spotty at the moment.” and “His record for environmental protection is a bit spotty.”
- Havin’ dish → Cavendish / Havendish: The term “Cavendish” is the name of the most popular variety of bananas. Example: “I’m havendish after dish of this amazing food.”
- Havin’ dis (Having this) → Cavendish: As in “I’ve been cavendish re-occuring nightmare.”
- Givin’ dis (Giving this) → Cavendish: As in ” I don’t know how to do it, but I’m cavendish a shot.”
- Given’ dis (Given this) → Cavendish: As in “I was cavendish for my birthday last year.”
- Caffeine dis (Caffeine this) → Caven dish: As in “I’m going to try to wean myself off coffee and other things with caven dish month.”
- Lady finger: “Lady finger” is a variety of bananas. If you can mention the words “lady” and “finger” in close proximity then you might get away with a sneaky banana pun (using the words “ladies” and “fingers” as necessary might be fine too).
- Split: As in “We split the profits equally.” and “Split personality” and “Split your sides with laughter” and “Split decision” and “Let’s split!” (This pun is in reference to the “banana split” dessert)
- Got another banana pun? Please post it in the comments below! 🙂
Here’s a list of banana-related concepts for you to use when creating your own puns. If you come up with a new pun, please share it in the comments!
yellow, ripe, skin, peel, banana peel, bunch, cluster, spotty, freckle, sugar spots, fruit, plantain, seedless, potassium, cavendish, musa balbisiana, musa belle saba, lady finger, banana split, split, Grand Nain
Did this Punpedia entry help you?
Did you find the banana-related pun that you were looking for? If so, great! Otherwise, please let us know what you were looking for in the comments, below! Are you looking for puns for text messages, Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, or some other social media platform? Would you like to see more funny banana pun images? Or perhaps you just want more banana puns for your photo captions? Whatever the case, please let us know, and help us improve this Punpedia entry. If you’re got any banana puns (image or text) that aren’t included in this article, please submit them in the comments and one of our curators will add it as soon as possible. Thanks for visiting Punpedia 🙂