Welcome to the Punpedia entry on camels! 🐫🏜🐪 There’s decent variety of puns involving or to do with camels, considering that there are only two types of camel to derive puns from.
Have fun going through the puns in this entry and let us know if there are any that we’ve missed out!
Camel Puns List
Each item in this list describes a pun, or a set of puns which can be made by applying a rule. If you know of any puns about camels that we’re missing, please let us know in the comments at the end of this page! Without further ado, here’s our list of camel puns:
- Camel: To start, here are a couple of sayings involving camels which may serve as punny camel witticisms in the right context: “Trust in Allah, but tie up your camel,” and “A camel through the eye of a needle”.
- Hump: Here are a couple of phrases which use the word “hump” and can be used as a pun in the right situation: “Hump day”, and “My humps”.
- Calf: Calf can mean either a young camel or the lower part of a leg. You can use these double meanings to replace these words in inappropriate (or very appropriate, as the case may be) ways to make your own camel puns. Also works for the plural, “calves”, which is the same spelling for both.
- Desert: Here are a few phrases that use the word “desert/s” in them, which you can use to sneak in a few opportune dromedary puns: “Just deserts” (instead of “just desserts”) and “Ships of the desert”.
- Camembert → Camelbert: Camembert is a type of soft cheese from France, which now has some great non-dairy soy options. You can use this similar sounding word to make a cheesy camel pun: “My favourite cheese is soy camelbert.”
- Camcorder → Camel-corder: As in, “Wait! Let me get my camel-corder.”
- Camera → Camelra: As in, “Wait! This will look fantastic on my new camelra.” Also works for camelraman (cameraman) and camelramen (cameramen)
- Scammed → S-camel’d: As in, “Gosh darn it! Those hooligans s-camel‘d me!”
- Campaigner → Camelpaigner: As in, “The camelpaigners for this movement are really dedicated.” Also works for “campaign” (as in, “This is a really suave camelpaign.”)
- Campus→ Camelpus: As in, “This is such a studious camelpus. I’m gonna love it here.”
- Camelot → Camelot: As in, “The court at Camelot.”
- Camouflage → Camelflage: As in, “Where’s your camelflage?” Also works with camelflaged (camouflaged) and camelflaging (camouflaging)
- Cameron → Camel-ron: As in, “Camel-ron Diaz was so great in Charlie’s Angels.”
- Cameron will → Cam will → Cam’ll → Camel: As in “Camel take care of that for you.”
- Cameroon → Camel-roon: As in, “The Republic of Camel-roon.” (Which is a country in South Africa)
- Amelie → Camelie: As in, “I loved the movie Camelie. So romantic and whimsical.”
- Bechamel → Be-camel: A creamy white sauce, used in pasta and traditionally made from a butter base – but today coming in great vegan varieties. Use this to make some sneaky camel puns: “I can’t believe this be-camel is non-dairy!”
- Camry → Camelry: As in, “They drive a Camelry.”
- Cavalry → Camelry: As in, “Prepare the camelry!!”
- Cambodia → Camel-bodia: As in, “I’m going to Camel-bodia this Thursday”.
- Camagüey → Camel-güey: A city in Central Cuba whose name lends itself well to a clever camel joke: “Welcome to Camel-güey! I hope you brought a hat.”
- Chump → C-hump: As in, “C-hump-change.”
- Palindrome → Palin-dromedary: Dromedary is another word for the Arabian Camel. Use it in some great camel puns, like this one: “It would really work for this pun if ‘camel’ was a palin-dromedary, but it just isn’t.”
- Humpty Dumpty → Hump-ty Dumpty: As in, “the character Hump-ty Dumpty” or “that’s a blatant Hump-ty Dumptyism!”
- Hooey → Hoof-ey: As in, “Smells a little hoof-ey in here,” or “This is complete and utter hoof-ey.”
- Who f* → Hoof*: As in “Hoofeels hungry right now?” and “Hoofinished the last bit of coconut icecream?”, or “Hoofarted?”
- Who’ve → Hoof: As in “Hoof you spoken to so far?”
- Half → Hoof: As in “Is the glass hoof full or hoof empty?” and “My other/better hoof”
- Run → Hoof it: As in “They’re onto us! Hoof it!”
- Heard → Herd: As in “I overherd them speaking about …” and “The last I herd, …” and “You herd it here first.” and “You could have herd a pin drop.”
- Cafe → Calf-e: As in, “Let’s go to that calf-e!” or, “Calf-e au soy lait.”
- Caffeinated → Calfinated: As in, “Is this coffee decalfinated?”
- Cuffs → Calf: As in, “Those hoodlums are engaged in fisticalfs!! (fisticuffs)” and “Get these handcalfs (handcuffs) off me!” and “These calf-links (cuff-links) are exquisite.”
- Half → Calf: As in “I’m still calf asleep” and “I’ve got calf a mind to …” and “Calf measures”
- Scarf → S-calf: As in, “That is an unbelievably soft s-calf (scarf)” or “Wow, he is really s-calfing (scarfing) that burrito.”
- Camera → Cama-ra: A cama is a hybrid between a male dromedary camel and a female llama. You might create a really corny pun with this: “This cama-ra was $2 off eBay.”
- Camoflage → Camaflage: As in, “Their camaflage was brilliant. You wouldn’t have been able to tell the difference between them and a couple of real camels.”
- Remnent → Ruminant: As in “I haven’t a ruminant of pride left after making all these terrible camel puns.” (A “ruminant” is a family of hooved mammals comprising cows, camels, sheep, deer, giraffe and their relatives)
- Prominent → Pruminant: As in “She’s a pruminant member of our group.”
- Permanent → Pruminant: As in “I’ve accidentally used pruminant marker on the whiteboard.”
- Her before → Herbivore: As in “I’ve never met herbivore.”
- Man you’re → Manure: As in “Manure making some awful puns today.”
- Could → Cud: As in “Cud you stop it please?” and “As fast as her legs cud carry her” and “I cud do it in my sleep.”
To help you come up with your own camel puns, here’s a list of camel-related words to get you started. If you come up with any new puns, please feel free to share them in the comments!
dromedary, bactrian, cama, hump, hooves, mammal, pachyderm, camelus, calf, desert, herbivore, cloven-hoof, genus camelus, herd, cud, saddle, cameleer, howdah, even-toed, ungulate, camelid, single-hump, double-hump, Arabian, camelops, camelidae
Did this Punpedia entry help you?
Did you find the camel-related pun that you were looking for? If so, great! Otherwise, please let us know what you were looking for in the comments below! Are you looking for word play for text messages, facebook, twitter, or some other social media platform? Would you like to see some funny camel pun images? Or perhaps you just want more camel puns for your photo captions? Whatever the case, please let us know, and help us improve this Punpedia entry. If you’ve got any camel puns (image or text) that aren’t included in this article, please submit them in the comments and one of our curators will add it as soon as possible. Thanks for visiting Punpedia 🙂